Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: How often do you re-read your old SIPs?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member CarolBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2001
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    As I`m brazilian and have problems buying new issues, I read and re read my SIPs all the time. What about you guys?!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm constantly looking at the comics in my collection(I mostly buy the tpbs collecting issues I've read for that purpose), including the stuff I draw(in "scrapbooks"). But as for a complete reread, I did that a few months ago, some time after I reread my Cerebus phonebooks(Boy, does THAT series benefit from that approach!)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member VanDeBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I do a complete re-read around once a year. I'd love to have time to do it more often, but there are so many things to read and so little time.

    --Van

  4. #4
    Inactive Member edwinracine's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty new to the series, and I just moved, so I'm still trying to find a place to buy more issues. It seems like I'm constantly picking up one of the tpb's and rereading it.

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 1999
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    i read a couple back issues every time that a new issue comes out. but i re read my whole collection proly once every two months. i love it! smile

    by the way, carol, welcome. i dont know if youve gotten the official welcome yet, but if you have, here it is again! smile have some oreos, and make sure that you talk about whatever you want. cuz thats what were here for. smile

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Lyric054's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2001
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I am still quite new to the series...so there are issues I haven't read yet. But when I get a new one, I will read one or two before it to keep up. I plan to read the ENTIRE series, from Vol 1 Issure 1 to currant once my collection is compleate, I only have three or four more to go.
    Wish me luck.

  7. #7
    Jaxom 27
    Guest Jaxom 27's Avatar

    Post

    Gotta re-read every couple months or so...never know when a world class debate's going to break out here and I gotta have the ammunition to back my claims up...yeah, that's it...

    ------------------
    Ponte facto, Caesar transit.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Christine the bumblebean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2000
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    i reread my collection every once in a while. also about three other people have read my collection, so... you can say i won't be able to resell any of them (like i would, pfffft!) usually i reread the currant issue several times and the few issues before it.

    ------------------
    those who hear not the music think the dancers mad
    she is like a symphony to me

    Christine the bean's site

  9. #9
    Inactive Member weendy66's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 1999
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    welcame carol, i?m brazilian too....

    I read more or less 5 times when the issue arrives but i?m re-reading them, the complete colection

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I have read the whole thing 4-5 times over the years (it was easier when there were only 20 issues, lol!), usually when I'm feeling down. I laugh, I cry, I feel better kmowing Terry loves!

    Recently, I had my girlfriend (minkzie) read them. Now she's hooked too! I got to re-read most of it 'over her shoulder' hee hee.

    **wishes Lyric luck**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •